Amazon will soon let Prime users unsubscribe with just two clicks. The company will make it easier for users to cancel their subscriptions. The move has been taken following complaints from consumer groups, the European Commission announced. The consumer groups had complained that the users were made to pass through numerous hurdles. It includes complicated navigation menus, and confusing choices, to unsubscribe from Prime.
Amazon will soon let Prime users unsubscribe with just two clicks.
Amazon said in its response to the move: “By design, we make it clear and simple for customers to both sign up for or cancel their Prime membership.”
“We continually listen to feedback and look for ways to improve the customer experience, as we are doing here following constructive dialogue with the European Commission.”
The changes will only be applicable in the European Union and not in India. You will still have to follow the lengthy process to cancel the Amazon Prime subscription.
Here is how to cancel an Amazon Prime subscription
- The first step is to pen the Amazon app on your smartphone and tap on the hamburger menu, which is located on the lower bottom side of the screen.
- After opening the app, tap on Account and scroll down.
- Then go to the Manage Prime membership, just tap on it.
- Tap again on the Manage membership, which is written on top of the screen.
- Tap on Membership, which is written under the Manage section, and then press End membership.
- Just scroll down and press on Continue to cancel