Central City firefighters died of carbon monoxide poisoning


Cody Allen and his wife Shelby Allen were both firefighters with the Central City Fire Department.

CENTRAL CITY, Colo. — The deaths of two Central City firefighters has been determined to be accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, according to a release from the Gilpin County Sheriff’s Office.

The couple, Cody Allen, 29, and his wife Shelby Allen, 27, were found dead in their Central City home, Friday morning, GCSO said.

Cody Allen started as a volunteer in July 2009 and had recently been hired as a lieutenant, according to GCSO. Shelby Allen worked as a volunteer with the department since February 2016. 

They got married two years ago, according to GCSO. 

GCSO said both Cody Allen and Shelby Allen grew up in Gilpin County. 

“Our hearts and prayers are with the Allen Family, Central City Fire Department Family and our community at this devastating time,” GCSO said in the release.

The case is still under investigation by GCSO.

The families of the couple released a statement on Facebook that reads:

RELATED: New program to offer early cancer screening for firefighters

RELATED: Firefighter spends 5 weeks on ventilator after catching COVID-19 fighting Cameron Peak fire

SUGGESTED VIDEOS: Local stories from 9NEWS 


Source link

Related Posts

Marya Vinget

Marya Vinget is a freelance writer who works for may content writing agencies and for personal blog owners. She loves to write about everything from Tech to entertainment, You can hire her for the versatile writing attitude.