Facing Google Maps Not Working issue on your smartphone and looking forward to resolving the same? Scroll down the page to the end and get updated with the troubleshooting guide to fix the query in no time.
It’s been more than a decade when Google Maps launched and now it has become an integral part of your life. One of the well-crafted Google Apps, it is a great platform started as a reliable tool for providing directions. However, it is just an application and therefore, sometimes, face unexpected errors while operating. But there is no need to panic because it is 100% normal and can be resolved without wasting much time.
Here, we have come up with a rundown of some easy and effective methods to fix the Google Maps Not Working error with ease.
Take a look!!
How to Fix Google Maps Not Working Issue
1. Check The Internet Connection
Poor internet connection is the common reason of occurring this trouble on your phone and thus, check your internet connection and make sure that your device is properly connected with a high-speed network. If you are using the Mobile Data, then try fixing the trouble by turning it off and then turn it on and check if the network connection is stable or not.
If it still persists, then turn on the Airplane Mode and then turn it off and check whether the connection gets restored or not.
2. Update Google Maps
The error Google Maps Not Working generates if you haven’t updated the app for so long. The developers release the app updates regularly and, you need to install them to avoid creating such troubles. The update process is slightly different for Android and Apple phones. Let’s check out the same here.
For Android Users
If you are already signed in, then visit the Play Store directly and check if the updates for Google Maps are available. If they are, then click on the Update button and you are ready to use the same.
However, if you are not signed in to your Google Accounts, then follow the step-by-step guide mentioned here.
- Go to the Play Store and navigate to Google Maps.
- Avoid tapping the Install button; otherwise, you will be redirected to the screen where you need to sign in first.
- Go to the top-right corner and click on the three vertical dots that indicate More.
- There, you need to choose the Update button and get it updated in no time.
For Apple Users
- Access the App Store and go to your profile.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates and locate Google Maps.
- If it is listed, then tap on the Update button and get the updates installed to resolve Google Maps Not Working issue.
3. Check Location Settings
Look, you can access Google Maps services only and only if your location settings are turned on. Therefore, make sure that you have given this app permission to access your device’s location so that it can determine the best possible route for you.
Turn on the GPS from the quick access notification bar and get updated with the directions to your desired location in less than no time. Implement the below-mentioned procedure step by step.
- First of all, go to the Settings tab on your device and click on the Navigation icon.
- Under the Permission tab, hit the App Permission options and then go to the Location Permissions.
- Make sure it is enabled for using Google Maps.
- If it is not, then turn on the toggle button located adjacent to the Location Access for enabling high accuracy.
4. Clear App Cache and Data
Clearing app cache and data might also resolve Google Maps Not Working error on your phone and run the application smoothly. Keep in mind the fact that removing the app data will also eliminate user settings, information, and configuration, therefore, make this choice wisely. It will also result in the loss of all offline maps stored under Google Maps.
To apply this method, the users need to:
- Navigate to Apps or Application Manager available under the Settings tab.
- Locate Google Maps in the All Apps menu.
- Under the App details, go to the Storage option and click on the Clear Cache button.
- Now, try to launch Google Maps again and determine whether the error gets removed or not. If it still persists, then tap on the Clear all Data button and get the problem fixed.
The Final Note
So, this is all about Google Maps Not Working troubleshooting guide. I hope it helps you in getting rid of this trouble smoothly. If you still facing trouble even after applying all methods, then let us know in the comment section and we will assist you in the hour of need.