Nowadays, Instagram is the best social media platform to share photos. The best method to make your Instagram Photos appealing is by applying white frames that make the photos decent yet elegant. To give a creative touch to photos, many photographers use to add white frames. Wonder how you can do this? Well, just read out our complete post as we are going to mention some best and simple techniques on How to add white frames on Instagram Photos.
Instagram only makes you crop the photos into squares. But if you get bored of the square crops that Instagram offers then you must try white frames. With the arrival of third-party applications, everything is possible. We are sharing some methods that are applicable for both Android and iOS. So without further ado, let’s get started:
Ways to Add White Border to the Instagram Photos
There are dozen of ways to add white frames around the Instagram photos. But we are going to share the simple, straightforward, and doesn’t require any rocket science.
- Apply all the filters that you want before adding borders. Otherwise, the color of the border may change if you apply a filter afterward.
- It would be beneficial to crop the photos in squares to give your Instagram gallery a distinctive look.
Whitagram is one of the best tools that let you upload photos of any kind — square, portrait, or landscape. You can quickly add a white border before uploading your photo to Instagram.
Here is the step that you need to follow while working with Whitagram:
- First of all, Download and open the Whitagram app on your phone.
- Simply, click on the Library option and choose a photo from your Camera Roll.
- Tap on the square icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, head towards the white square to choose a white border for your Instagram photo.
- You can choose the width of the border by moving the slider at the bottom of the screen.
2. How to Add a white border to the Instagram app
The quickest way to add a white border to your Instagram photo is by adding one within the app itself. But this feature is only available for photos. Here’s how:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Now tap on the + at the bottom center of the screen.
- Choose the photo that you want to upload
- Press Next in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll through until you find the filter you’d like to use.
- Drag the filter strength to zero.
- Press the square frame icon to the right of it.
- This is your White Border. You can even select the thickness just by dragging the cursor to the far right of the scale.
- Tap Done.
- add your caption, tags and click on the Share button.
Squareready is another one of the best options to add a white, colored, or patterned border to your photos. Frames added around the photo by Squareready give it a distinctive look. This is a free application that is available for both Android and iOS.
Here’s how to use Squareready to create your Instagram border:
- Download the application on your phone and enter it into the app.
- Tap the import icon on the left if the photo is not available on your phone.
- Otherwise, Your Camera Roll will appear on the screen. Choose the photo that you want to frame.
- Choose one of two crop options if you are working with a landscape or portrait photo. This will allow you to use the borders without cropping to a square.
- Tap on the frame icon.
- Choose the border color by tapping the colored circle on the bottom left of the screen
- It’s done!
- Click on the green checkmark to save your photo.
- Now Simply go to the Instagram app and upload it.
4. Add white frames using Preview
Preview is one of the great editing tools that also provides the option of adding white frames around the photo. It is a free tool that consists of many editing features.
Here’s how to use it:
- Download the Preview app from the App Store and open it.
- Click on the + sign at the top right of the screen.
- Press Library.
- Choose the photo you wish to use.
- Tap Done.
- Select the photo again.
- Press the edit button at the bottom center of the screen.
- Tap the adjust photo editor button at the top left of the screen.
- Choose Frames.
- Choose the white border of your choice.
- Press Done at the top-right of the screen.
- Select the photo.
- Press the share button at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Choose Post on Instagram.
InstaSize is another free-to-use app that is very easy to use. This application comes with many patterned borders as well that you must try. The working of this application is so simple.
Here How to use it:
- First of all, enter the InstaSize application.
- Select the photo that you want to edit.
- Crop the photo into a square.
- Now, select the border icon and choose white color.
- You can also adjust the thickness of the border using a slider.
- It’s done! Save your photo.
VSCO is a popular photo-editing application. This application offers many multiple filters and editing features. By using this app, you can apply a variety of color borders to your photos. This app is free to use. However, to use premium features, you need to purchase it.
Here’s how to get a white border using VSCO:
- Download the VSCO app and open it.
- Press the + at the top-right of the screen.
- Choose the photo you want to edit
- Press Import at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the photo you imported.
- Click on Edit at the bottom-left of the screen.
- Tap the Edit icon again.
- Scroll right until you see the Borders icon.
- Head towards Borders.
- Select the white color.
- Use the slider to adjust the thickness of the border as per your need
- Press Next at the top-right of the screen.
- Press Save.
The edited photo will automatically save to your camera roll. Select the photo from there and upload it to your Instagram account.
Well, this is How to Add white Border to Instagram Photos. I hope you will find this post helpful. Which method would you like to use? Share with us in the comments section below. Keep sharing with your buddies.
Thanks for reading!